To ensure that we are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), we are advising our clients and customers of how we use Personal Data in relation to the handling of repairs to your property.
At Dunham Building, we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our customers. We want you to know that we do not sell or trade email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes. Therefore, to assist with understanding what we do with your Data we have produced this information sheet on when and why we collect your personal information, how we use it, the limited conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
To enable us to effectively manage the repair process we need to communicate with yourself and various other parties, i.e.: specialist suppliers, scaffolders, piling contractors etc and these suppliers require information about the project to complete their part of the process.
Regarding the data we hold, you might like to know:
- The type of information we hold to necessitate repairs at your property is categorised as ‘Legitimate Business Interest’ under the Regulations.
- The only data we hold and store is the data issued to us from your insurance/ adjusting company or yourself during discussions throughout the repair process, i.e.: Name, Address, Contact Details and preferred contacts, photographs that relate to the work progress and work schedules identifying works to be completed on site.
- We never share your data with any other companies not directly related to the progression and completion of the repair of your property.
- Your data is securely stored.
- We only use your contact details to contact you on an individual basis for genuine business purposes.
- All data we hold will be destroyed after 6 years.
- You have the right and any time to view, amend and or delete any personal data we hold.
- If you want to speak to the Data Protection Officer personally about the Data we hold and make any amendments, please liaise with Zoe Lee at Dunham Building & Civil Engineering Ltd, Tel: 0161 929 7447 and or visit our Website for full contact details and your rights as a Data Subject under GDPR: www.dunhambuilding.com
- We will review our policy annually and any changes will be updated on the Website for full review by all persons.